A successful and growing manufacturing company seeks a skilled procurement professional to lead its Strategic Sourcing and Contracts Management activities.
The company, headquartered in Illinois to the west of the greater Chicago area, is a producer of consumer goods products sold throughout North America and exported to other global regions.
This person is responsible for conducting strategic sourcing actions which position the company to receive the optimal combination of quality, quantity, cost, and delivery performance from the optimal mix of suppliers. Such actions may include Request-for-Proposal (RFP), Request-for-Quotation (RFQ), Auctions, and/or direct Negotiations with leading suppliers.
They will also, with appropriate oversight by the Director and CFO (and appropriate review by assigned legal counsel) prepare and negotiate long-term contracts with key suppliers in order to strategically-manage costs of products and services, ensure supplier performance, and mitigate supply chain and supplier stability risk levels.
This person will also provide technology-enabled retention and reporting on a portfolio of corporate contracts beyond the procurement area, including those related to customer sales.
This person will personally assist company executive leadership with sourcing and negotiation of CapX equipment and facility expansion projects.
Experience with enabling and utilizing eSourcing, eProcurement, and SRM technology tools in concert with the supplier community will be a key part of this role.
Familiarity and experience with driving cost reductions for Direct material and Indirect product and service acquisitions is key to this role.
* Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, Accounting, Engineering or a related discipline is required.
* Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), Finance, Accounting, Engineering, or a related discipline is desirable.
* 8 - 10 years of procurement experience in an environment wherein strategic sourcing and contracting management are employed is required.
* Strong experience in Capital Project (CapX) project procurement required, in addition to experience with both Direct materials and Indirect products and services (including MRO, etc.).
* Moderate experience with Indirect products and services related to Information Technology, Professional Services, etc. desirable.
* Certification desirable from the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) as a Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), and/or from the American Production & Inventory Control (APICS) as a Certified Production & Inventory Manager (CPIM).
Additional Salary Information: Excellent benefits package in addition to base salary.