We are currently seeking a highly qualified Associate Quality Manager to join Nu Mark's Operations and Business Development department in Richmond, VA. Nu Mark is an innovation company and part of Altria Group. The successful candidate will develop, implement and manage product/process monitoring metrics, product requirements and transfer to manufacturing - including the management and execution of Change Control processes. This position is accountable for developing an integrated set of product, process and complaint monitoring metrics for internal and contract manufacturing operations.
Specific accountabilities include:
* Coordinating and managing all change control processes including the approvals and execution through product requirement packages.
* Reviewing and approving batch release records and developing enhanced master and batch record processes in support of multiple manufacturing locations and other potential products.
* Developing data analysis, tools and metrics to support and drive continuous improvement in product quality, process control, manufacturing optimization and consumer satisfaction.
* Enhancing and managing product requirements and the transfer of product requirements across the manufacturing supply chain, including internal and contract manufacturing locations.
* Investigating and leading improvement initiatives stemming from complaint analysis and product / process control monitoring.
* A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering or Science plus a minimum of 5 years of Quality Assurance experience in a manufacturing/contract manufacturing environment.
* Experience in an FDA regulated environment.
* Comprehensive working knowledge of Quality Management Systems, Regulatory Requirements, Product and Process Development, Process Controls and Manufacturing.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written, orally and in presentation) to large, diverse audiences and the ability to provide direction to these groups and influence through effective collaboration and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent decision-making skills leveraging experience in data analysis, problem-solving, resourcefulness and troubleshooting to make recommendations regarding quality issues and to drive quality initiatives.
* Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional, cross-company teams, implementing statistical based process control schemes and implementing Quality Management Systems.
* Initiative, self-direction and discipline to provide leadership and direction managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative culture.
* The ability to work and manage at a strategic level with the skills and experience to transition to tactical implementation and execution.
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies' brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country's top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria's mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
Nu Mark's role is to responsibly develop and market innovative tobacco products for adult tobacco consumers. At Nu Mark, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.