Infosys is a global leader in technology services and consulting. We enable clients in more than 50 countries to create and execute strategies for their digital transformation. From engineering to application development, knowledge management and business process management, we help our clients find the right problems to solve, and to solve these effectively. Our team of 199,000+ innovators, across the globe, is differentiated by the imagination, knowledge and experience, across industries and technologies, that we bring to every project we undertake.
Management Consulting Services
Principal Business Consulting (Lending)
The Principal Consultant - Banking is a role within the management consulting stream in the Financial Services and Insurance vertical of Infosys. This role is to provide both banking sales and delivery program leadership, with a deep understanding of wholesale banking strategies including business, commercial and corporate lending, treasury and payments, trade and supply chain finance, commercial cards, credit risk and wholesale banking analytics.
* Business Development - Builds professional relationships with banking client stakeholders, establishing rapport with key players. Builds mutually beneficial working partnerships with other areas or work groups; understands how each party adds value to the partnership. Recognizes when changing Client or leader expectations require a new approach and takes necessary steps to meet new standards
* Project Management - Directs teams of global consulting, IT professional & subject matter experts in establishing comprehensive banking business and functional requirements, then translating those requirements into actionable project initiatives with associated metrics. Creates high performing teams where members regularly learn from each other and adapt processes for improved team efficiency and outcomes
* Consulting Delivery - Leads team to develop concise and practical banking strategies or re-engineering program recommendations with a clear implementation path. Defines executive recommendations resulting in measurable improvements in client's banking performance. Designs a deliverables roadmap and directs supporting data collection. Seeks out client input to better understand needs; develops ideas for how to meet those needs
* Thought Leadership Provides leadership to new and emerging banking best practices within a Building Tomorrows Enterprise business environment. Identifies and develops knowledge assets and introduces processes to improve their leverage. Builds social networks that enable knowledge and information flow. Facilitates development of appropriate Knowledge Management processes, tools and standards. Stays abreast of developments in banking expertise areas and anticipates how they will impact the Practice/Firm
* Practice Leadership - Active member of Banking Practice leadership. Plays key role in attracting broader interest and expertise in the Practice. Seen as the intellectual driver in banking areas of the Practice. Creates highly effective, mutually beneficial relationships with direct reports, peers, and leadership to achieve organization and performance objectives
* The location of this opportunity can be in our New York City, NY; Bridgewater, NJ or Chicago, IL offices.
* Bachelors degree or foreign equivalent required. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
* 7+ years of relevant work experience with three years of experience in comparable consulting services.
* Ability to travel 4 days a week to multiple local, state and national client locations.
* U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Preferred Qualifications: * At least 7 -10 years of experience in commercial or consumer lending with leadership experience in product development/management, process improvement and re-engineering implementation engagements of lending products, credit underwriting, monitoring, risk management, * Define business strategy, improve processes, consolidate operations, reduce costs and implement large business transformation programs * Advised client in customer onboarding and experience, business consulting, transformation programs, business case * Executed projects in lending (mortgage, home equity, auto loans, personal loans) implementations * Understanding of SDLC methodologies and running requirements workshops * Deep functional expertise in at least one business subject area (banking or lending product management, operations, sales & marketing, etc.)
This job may entail an extensive amount of travel. The job also entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face.
Please note this description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology, and outsourcing and next-generation services. We enable clients in more than 50 countries to outperform the competition and stay ahead of the innovation curve. With US$8.83 bn in LTM Q1 FY16 revenues and 179,000+ employees, we are helping enterprises renew themselves while also creating new avenues to generate value. We provide enterprises with... strategic insights on what lies ahead. We help enterprises transform and thrive in a changing world through strategic consulting, operational leadership, and the co-creation of breakthrough solutions, including those in mobility, sustainability, big data, and cloud computing.