If interested please apply online at: www.efcocorp.com/aboutus/careers
- This position is responsible for developing a high performing team that manages the procurement for the materials, supplies, equipment and services at the best value consistent with the quality and delivery needs of EFCO. This team will work closely with Product Development and Apogee Corporate Purchasing to identify the supply partners needed to support current and future needs of the company. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. -Other duties may be assigned. - Responsible for the identification, development and implementation of programs, policies and procedures that support customer satisfaction, both internally and externally, where applicable in relation to this position.
- Represents EFCO in developing critical and innovative partnerships with external suppliers. Focus on strategic opportunities for EFCO to increase growth and profits.
- Leads the EFCO Supply Management department in identifying process improvement opportunities, incorporating Lean methodology and problem solving tools, and recognizing supply chain best practices. Participates in, and at times leads, cross functional continuous improvement initiatives that support overall EFCO business objectives, and balances the goals and priorities of all departments involved in the process.
- Responsible for assuring that all personnel are empowered to progress professionally, that high standards of performance are met and maintained, and that personnel are aware of technological advances in the industry and profession. Develops and supports personal development plans.
- Actively manages the supply base through the supplier rating system to assure time, total cost, lean, and quality goals are met.
- Responsible for meeting annual productivity and inflation goals by managing projects, in conjunction with Engineering, which reduce total material costs. This will include, but not be limited to, contract and price negotiations, product design changes, internal or supplier process changes, packaging designs, and logistics.
- Acts as a liaison with Apogee Corporate Purchasing on sourcing, productivity projects, risk mitigation efforts, major contract negotiations, and conflict minerals reporting. Participate as an active member of the Apogee Strategic Purchasing Team (SPT), attending quarterly Apogee purchasing team meetings, and supporting sourcing projects across multiple Apogee business units.
- Represents and supports the decisions of the EFCO Supply Management Team to EFCO leadership and other interested internal stakeholders. Works to build bridges to these other functional groups to ensure the highest customer satisfaction and effectiveness.
- Provides guidance to and directs the activities of the Supplier Specialists in their efforts to make purchases of materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the company. Directs the activities of the Supplier Specialists as they interview vendors and their representatives and solicit quotations for new or non-standard items. - Directs the activities of the Supply Management Team as they carry out necessary follow up and expediting activities to ensure delivery as required for various production needs. Ensures that the team contacts other individuals and departments within the company to notify them of any deviation from the delivery schedule.
- Directly supervises 6-10 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A or B.S) required. Master's degree (M. A. or MBA) preferred; six to ten years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Successful history leading a high performing team.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or suppliers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- ISM - C.P.M or CPSM or equivalent APICS certification preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Reasonable travel up to 15 % may be required.
- The employee selected for this position will be on a probationary period during which time his/her performance will be evaluated. If during this time it is determined that the employee cannot successfully fulfill the requirements of this position, every attempt will be made to return the employee to his/her previous job assignment, if it has not already been filled by another employee.
- We may conduct an internal and external search simultaneously, to select the most qualified candidate.
EFCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled.
If interested please apply online at: www.efcocorp.com/aboutus/careers
About EFCO Corporation
EFCO Corporation, headquartered in Monett, Missouri. EFCO is a national manufacturer of aluminum windows, entrances, storefront and curtain wall systems for commercial architectural applications. Our vertically integrated manufacturing process and over 1,400 skilled employees ensure quality at every step. We focus on providing innovative custom solutions to design problems while adhering to budgets and other project concerns. Our background includes everything from historical replication work to cutting-edge new construction. We are dedicated to supporting the building community with products, services, and programs that promote outstanding commercial design.