Samsung Training Content Author – Instructional Designer
Premium Retail Services - Samsung Canada
April 11, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
Samsung Training Content Author – Instructional Designer
Full-time, Mississauga, Ontario
If you’re savvy with mobile devices and the technology that fuels them, and look for ways to use the platforms to enhance the learning experiences you create, we want to hear from you!
The training team is an integral part of the mobile field marketing team of our client - the global leader in consumer electronics, home appliances, wearables, tablets and mobile devices. The training team is responsible for developing, delivering and evaluating training that enables our customers and partners to effectively use our products and solution offerings.
The training team delivers brand product and sales skills training to both internal sales teams and to our ecosystem of partners. Be a part of our ambitious plans to quickly grow both the range and reach of the trainings we offer. Product and sales training is delivered by training and facilitation experts in partnership with subject matter experts in the areas of competition, product strategy and sales leadership. As part of this team, your role will be to create web based training materials to enable implementation and accelerate adoption of products. You will also develop and deliver a mix of sales skills and cross product training to strategic partners including carriers, dealers, retailers and external and internal sales teams. You will provide from-the-field feedback on the training being delivered as well as on the effectiveness of sales training approaches and tactics derived from field representatives. You will work towards continually improving the scale, depth, and quality of training.
As a learning experience designer, you will create consistently superb, enthusiastic and engaging training experiences for our learners.
· Create and implement eLearnings, webinars, hands-on, and face-to-face deliverables based on products, services, technology adoption, lifestyle, use and technical training
· Create web based training materials to enable implementation and accelerate adoption of products.
· Manage creation and implementation of the electronic delivery of product and technical training for management and non-management staff including train-the-trainer activities.
· Experience designing and developing gamifications solutions in a learning environment.
· Continuously improve / customize existing websites, programs, and courses.
· Partners with client team members to ensure compliance with training for targeted audience.
· Provide training using appropriate methodologies, such as one-on-one, classroom, and e-learning / multi-media training.
· Manage, coordinate and provide logistical support for product and technical education projects as assigned.
· Administers written and practical exams and writes performance reports to evaluate retail sales associate, and Samsung field marketing team knowledge level and ability to communicate essential USPs
· Develop content that will inspire retail associates to be our brand leaders in their stores through training initiatives.
· Manage projects from inception through creation and delivery
· Analyze self-paced, multimedia and web based solutions to enhance and provide alternatives to current product education and technical or product training programs
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Post-secondary degree in Adult Education or Instructional Design, CTDP designation, or an equivalent combination of education and training experience
· Demonstrated expertise in effective Instructional Design methodologies
· 3+ years of instructional design experience focused on digital (i.e. eLearning, webinars, interactive PDFs, videos, etc.) and blended learning.
· 3+ years of experience in adult education, training/development or academic teaching required.
· 3+ years of experience in design and development of written training materials, manuals, guide books, job aids, etc.
· Proficiency in eLearning authoring tools (Articulate 360), Responsive Design, Audio editing programs (i.e. Audacity), and Learning Management Systems (i.e. LearnUpon)
· Experience with graphic design, video, micro-learning, responsive design, gamification, simulations, animation/motion graphics preferred CSS design with a good sense of visual communication.
· Intermediate to advanced skill in Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, HTML5 and CSS preferred.
· Proven ability to manage projects
· Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
· High-level attention to detail and accuracy in execution of work and tasks
· Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment and meet demanding deadlines
A competitive salary along with a full benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, long/short-term disability, vacation, and sick leave. All benefits and employment practices in compliance with Canadian employment laws.
Today's consumer has more buying choices than ever. Smart retailers and manufacturers need every edge to compete in today's marketplace. Premium Retail Services is that edge.
Premium acts as an extension of retailers and manufacturers in stores nationwide, ensuring shelves are stocked, product knowledge is conveyed, and technology is solving common retail challenges. And we've been doing it since 1985. So no matter the product or category - from vitamins to video games - Premium provides the people, programs and technology to deliver.
Premium Retail Services. Results are in store.
Retail experience? Check. An unbeatable work ethic? Check. A burning desire to be part of a team absolutely dedicated to delivering results for a who's who roster of clients? Check. You might be Premium material.
Family owned and operated, Premium's strong and steady growth has made us an industry leader in retail merchandising, assisted sales, field marketing and retail technologies.
From our corporate office in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, to the thousands of Premium field representatives working in stores all across the U.S. and Canada, the company offers exciting career opportunities in a variety of retail disciplines.
Premium is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those moving forward in the next step of the selection process will be contacted
About Premium Retail Services - Samsung Canada
Consumers have more choices than ever. They deserve your best in-store experience. Your business depends upon it.
Since 1985, Premium has been pioneering bold retail strategies, tools and technologies, helping our clients advance their industries and the lives of their consumers. We're passionate about brands, and are relentless about propelling them to new heights with integrity and imagination.
With our four key solutions - Strategy, Merchandising, Brand Advocacy and Support - we offer a highly-tailored approach to answering each client’s unique business needs.
Together with our clients, we're inventing and leading a new era in retail, moving forward by moving beyond what's expected.
Premium. Behind every decision.