Manager and Architect, Identity Management - UC San Diego
University of California, San Diego
May 15, 2018
San Diego, California
Commensurate with Experience
Full Time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
UC San Diego
Manager and Architect, Identity Management
Filing Deadline: Wed 6/6/2018
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
UC San Diego is ranked the 9th best public university in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and is the largest employer based in San Diego County. Reporting to the VC-CFO, Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers Enterprise information technology services to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) under the leadership of the campus Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Information Technology Services (IT Services) uses world-class services and technologies to empower UC San Diego's mission to transform California and the world as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university. As a strategic member of the UC San Diego community, IT Services embraces innovation in their delivery of IT services, infrastructure, applications, and support. IT Services is customer-focused and committed to collaboration, continuous improvement, and accountability.
UC San Diego is in the midst of a greenfield replacement of its legacy Identity and Access Management ecosystem. As the lead for the IAM team, this position will have the opportunity to help architect, deploy, and operationalize a contemporary Identity Management environment supporting the research, educational, and administrative mission of the campus. While often overlooked as mere middleware, we at UCSD recognize the crucial role IAM plays in almost every world-class activities that differentiate UCSD from its peers. We are looking for an effective change agent that has strong technical skills and can help transform our IAM practices through vision and collaboration with business and academic partners.
• Architect, design and develop complex web-based administrative system to customer requirements; often multiple campus-wide customers with diverse needs.
Participate in the ITS architectural review process, representing Identity and Access Management
• Review and recommend information system needs with campus office representatives.
• Work with campus stakeholders to define system needs
• Manage, coach, and mentor the staff of the Identity and Access Management team
• Partner with the project manager to ensure the successful transition to a new identity management ecosystem
• Ensure the delivery of identity and access management services to ITS and the campus community
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce.
This position is eligible for full: 1)Health/Dental/Vision Insurance; 2) Life Insurance; 3)UC Retirement Plan; 4) Vacation/Holidays (15 vacation days & 13 paid holidays a year).
For more information about UCSD Benefits http://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/ and Work Life http://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/work-life/.
To calculate an approximate value of the UC Total Compensation package, please click here https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/total-compensation-calculator.php/.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
• Demonstrated experience in Identity Management position
• Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
• Leadership experience with managing projects, satisfying multiple customers with diverse needs; ability to think independently to design and develop solutions and procedures and proven experience over the entire software development process including requirements gathering and analysis, design, development, release and version control, testing methodologies and deployment management.
• Expertise in technologies and products: J2EE, Java Servlets, XML, SAML, Web Services, Perl/CGI, SSL, JBoss, etc.). Demonstrated expertise in one or more database technologies (examples: Sybase, Oracle and/or DB2.)
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated skill in effective written and verbal communications
• Demonstrated experience with radius, active directory, ldap, or other directory services
• Experience managing, designing, and deploying identity management systems on a large, research focused campus
• Experience managing active directory
• Familiarity with the Internet2 Tier software stack, in particular Grouper and Co-manage
• Familiarity with one or more commercial IAM packages, such as Okta, Sailpoiint, • Fischer, or the Microsoft Identity Management stack.
• Must pass a background check.
• Occasional evenings and weekends may be required; overtime and weekends may be required.