Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 21,000 of the most talented hearts and minds in medicine.
Through Centura Health's 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician clinics, Flight for Life® Colorado, home care and hospice services, we offer a diverse range of work settings in a Colorado or Kansas community you will love to call home.
Enjoy amazing people, competitive pay, some of the best benefits in the industry and plenty of opportunity for professional growth and development.
If you're ready to discover the difference of working for a fully-integrated health system with a non-profit, faith-based mission to care, we look forward to receiving your application.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 125139
The Vice President of Consumer Experience will provide strategic leadership in engaging the organization in initiating, activating, and managing consumer relationships and experience – how consumers engage with our organization and brand, throughout the entire arc of being a consumer. This position will create focus in the strategy and actions the organization takes an leads and facilitates the organization to create service and car delivery for optimal consumer experience. The Vice President for Consumer Experience will establish the strategy, definition and goals aligning experience – uniting aspects of our organization to deliver valued connections and associations with experiencing Centura Health in a way that delivers on the promise of our brand and Mission.
- Develop and be accountable for consumer experience strategies that are aligned with the organization's objectives.
- Ensure delivery of consumer experiences that influences the consumer and demonstrate impact to strategic/performance goals of the organization.
Important to this role is understanding the leadership expectations of this position and the entire team. The VP for Consumer Experience must have a personal and professional connection to the MISSION of our organization. -This position must contribute toward a TEAM centered approach that lends itself to ensuring "team before self" as we lead our complex, highly matrixed organization into the differentiated leading role as THE healthcare provider. The VP for Consumer Experience will invite others into the consumer experience work in order to be fully TRANSPARENT with the activities of this position, allowing for celebration of success and learnings through opportunities for change. The position must demonstrate personal and professional ACCOUNTABILITY to our community, associates, physicians, and sponsors for performance that this position and the team complete. Finally, this position will create change by being bold in our thoughts and actions that generate the need for URGENCY as we forge ahead as the thought leader in our industry.
Minimum Education Requirements
Master's degree in Marketing, Leadership or similar fields or equivalent in experience.
Minimum Experience Requirements
15+ years of cross-discipline consumer experience expertise (e.g., combination of brand/marketing/human-centered design/service design).
8+ years working in a health care setting – including health care operations, working with administrative and clinical leaders, and frontline staff at the point of service.
Experience in consumer goods and services is encouraged.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate is a highly connected and broad-based leader who can bring a depth of consumer experience expertise to collaborate effectively across a breadth of disciplines to drive to results in a health system. -- The right candidate has a deep expertise leading the development of consumer experiences, and has business, brand and marketing acumen.
- Proven track record of being able to chart paths, mobilize others, and work through complex environments to produce results.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business, growth and other strategic goals into consumer experiences that drive those goals.
- Ability to sharply define end-to-end customer journeys and create compelling experiences at key moments along that journey to meet/delight patient and clinician needs.
- Justified ability to align and identify areas of synergy with other functions.
- Skilled in collaboration with senior leaders and functional leaders and mobilize others to drive to implementation and produce results.
- Demonstrated skillfulness in partnering and directing external partners/consultants to drive to outcomes.
- Proven ability to work effectively with clinicians – including physicians, nurses, and allied health.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and meet or exceed deadlines.
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
Lead the definition, development, and realization of "sticky" consumer experiences to drive strategic growth, the Centura Mission, and the differentiation of the Centura brand.
Work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer and other members of the senior leadership team across the organization to create shared ownership of the consumer experience.
Work collaboratively with key functions including, marketing/communications, IT, supply chain, physician groups, nursing, and other teams as applicable.
Build world-class consumer experiences as a core strategic capability for the organization.
Advance and grow the organization as a consumer-forward organization. Advising senior leadership on opportunities to shape and transform organizational processes, structures, staffing, accountabilities, scope of work as appropriate.
Build and nurture valuable external relationships with organizations leading in consumer experiences and experience design.
Serve in a leadership capacity for experience design and consumer experience trade groups and boards.
Identify and manage the consumer experience research data and information needed to create effective consumer segmentation and building toward personalized consumer profiles for health and wellness.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Internal Number: 472135900A1
About Centura Health
Find your ideal career at Centura Health! With 16 hospitals, physician clinics, hospice services, home care and senior living communities, Centura Health's vast network of care spans Colorado and Western Kansas so you can experience a balanced lifestyle and enjoy a fulfilling career anywhere you want to work, live and play in Colorado. From the fast pace of a Denver-area Level 1 Trauma Center to a smaller rural or mountain hospital – we proudly offer a more diverse range of work settings and locations than any other health care employer in the state. Centura is an equal opportunity employer.