To enhances HEM’s and Huber’s overall competitive position in the marketplace by executing the plans and assuring efficient purchasing and timely delivery of process chemicals, maintenance, repair, and operating supplies, capital equipment, and contract services for the Bauxite operations.
Dimensions of Job:
· Provide buying service for the Bauxite site location, encompassing manufacturing and administration, for purchases related to process chemicals, packaging materials, contract services, capital equipment, and maintenance, repair, and operating supplies.
· Ensure compliance with Purchasing policies and procedures.
· Execute releases, or purchases for, and manage the transactions for, those materials and services specific to Bauxite Location.
· Manage the transactions related to items purchased by the Bauxite Plant, covered by national contracts negotiated by the Central Purchasing or the FRA Purchasing Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensures that adequate process chemicals, materials, supplies and equipment are on hand or can meet delivery requirements to allow the operations to operate efficiently and with a minimum of down time.
· Negotiates with local suppliers to ensure plant operations’ needs are met with optimum cost, quality, and services.
· Participates in the development of RFQ’s, RFP’s and bid packages for submission to potential suppliers.
· Expedites or follows up on order status and delivery dates.
· Coordinates with the Accounts Payables department concerning resolution of invoice discrepancies.
· Coordinate with the Receiving organization to ensure timely system entry of receipts.
· Acts as the liaison between the plant departments and any contracted MRO company for the purposes of problem resolution and the implementation of any identified improvement opportunities.
· Improves effectiveness, efficiency and quality by:
· evaluating the functionality and performance of materials in conjunction with operations
· understanding and fully utilizing automated purchasing systems
· recommending and coordinating operation improvements in receiving, storage and materials
· Identifying alternative products and supplier resources to meet operations’ requirements.
· Ensures supplier’s and contractor’s compliance with HEM’s quality, safety regulations and contractor certification program and that record are up to date for those suppliers and contractors.
· Ensures timely reporting to management of any known supplier performance problems and facilitates resolution.
· Acts as the Oracle eAM plant level supervisor for site (Plant MRO Super-User) including system administration, training, set up min/max inventory levels, store room maintenance ; maintains updated plant equipment lists
· May perform other duties.
Notes: Management retains the discretion to add or change duties of the position at any time. The incumbent is required to be thoroughly familiar with the company’s Equal Employment Opportunity policy and to know and adhere to the company’s Affirmative Action Plan to prevent discriminatory action because of race, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, age, disability, religion, or veteran status.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge/Skills:
· Understands the Purchase To Pay process including the legal requirements pertaining to purchase orders and contracts.
· Demonstrated ability to proficiently execute purchases and manage inventory levels
· Minimum three years of relevant buying experience.
· Has some knowledge of the global marketplace and opportunities available in the global economy.
· Fast learning for changing technologies in the communications, travel and purchasing industries.
· Knowledge of the use of PCs, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Intranet
· Minimum three years experience with computer systems pertaining to computerized maintenance management systems and computerized purchasing systems.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· 4-year degree in Supply Chain, Finance or Business related field of study preferred. Will consider relevant work experience.