National Accounts Manager - Ready to Eat - Central Region
June 19, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
The NAM will manage all aspects of the Sales & Merchandising activities in a specified National Account base. This includes people management, broker management, goal setting, established measurement and ultimately attaining specified positive results. This leadership position establishes the processes to be used by the sales team including Fact Based Selling utilizing IRI and other market sources (i.e Customer database, Panel data, etc.), career development through core competency measurement and exploitation of the Supply Chain initiatives resulting in superior customer satisfaction. This manager is the "top to top" contact and communicator between the Company and the accounts for which he/she is responsible.
1. Develops and implements a National Account sales plan to include all divisions within the prepared value-added sales management team. Attains all budgeted product line volumes, price, mix and share levels. Prepares and presents business reviews and new items. Monitors daily, weekly, quarterly and YTD relevant customer metrics.
2. Implements and champions procedures to continuously improve the accuracy of the Demand Plan forecast.
3. Manages all expense budgets including staffing, overhead and programs. Manages the utilization of the TPM system to input and monitor customer programs to control spending and attain results.
4. Works cross-functionally with Marketing, Operations, QA, Supply Chain & Executive Management to ensure effective communication and problem solving. The National Account Manager is a member of a team and, as such, must work in coordination with all stakeholders for optimal outcomes for the Company and the customer.
5. Utilizes the principles of the QIP, team management and Supply Chain initiatives to guide the account.
6. Travels, as needed, to store and club locations to stay abreast of the marketplace, help support items and/or resolve issues.
7. Participates in a leadership position on special projects and cross-functional teams. Continuously improves skills participating in classes and seminars as deemed necessary in the developmental plan.
Bachelors degree in the areas of Sales, Marketing or Business Administration plus 12 -14 years related work experience. This solutions-oriented individual needs to possess strong reading, writing, communication and analytical skills. Successful National Account experience required in CPG and Net Weight Package Products in food or food sales. Must have a prior supervisory/management experience including managing, recruiting and evaluating sales associates and broker sales teams. Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and suppliers. Must be able to travel to plant facilities, customer sites, innovation center and market areas. Would include approx. 30% travel with some overnight.
Preferred: Prior sales experience in poultry preferred.
Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: 176091
About Perdue Farms
Perdue Farms is a family-owned company, and we have been for three generations. We were founded on trust—a value that carries through everything we do. Through our two operating divisions, Perdue Foods and Perdue AgriBusiness, we’re making steps every day toward our goal of becoming the most trusted name in food and agricultural products. Our path forward is about getting better, not just bigger.