Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our department is designed to enable physicians and clinicians to enhance quality outcomes and patient safety. Supply chain is comprised of almost 300 employees who strive to ensure efficient and successful patient care. Our services range from case cart operations, purchasing, materials management, systems support, and many others. Our goal is to provide the best possible service to our customers.
Oversee the daily supply chain operations of supply technicians.
Verify supply chain documentation for completeness and accuracy.
Knowledge of reporting system and ability to utilize reports and resolve
Perform rounds of assigned areas on a daily basis, lodging all action items for follow up with Manager.
Provide leadership to assigned staff.
Serve as shift supervisor as appointed by management.
Perform as a supply Technician as needed.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
Oversee the daily supply chain operations of supply technicians
Supervise inventory counts according to schedule to ensure that established par levels are maintained
Responsible for the organization and maintenance of assigned supply locations
Ensure staff is performing supply maintenance according to department standards
Verify supply chain documentation for completeness and accuracy
Ensure accurate patient billing by capturing all patient charges for medical-surgical supplies
Ensure staff cross references items as appropriate
Knowledge of reporting system and ability to utilize reports and resolve all discrepancies
Report usage history data to management team and clinicians
Evaluate and recommend par level adjustments based off usage reports
Perform rounds of assigned areas on a daily basis logging all action items for follow up with supervisor
Provides leadership to assigned staff
Maintain effective communications with customers, team, and management team
Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
Ability to prioritize needs and manage resources
Assigns work to staff members to meet daily operational needs
Assists with the development and delivery of training to new staff
Serve as shift supervisor as appointed by management
Determines if work is performed in accordance with departmental and organizational guidelines
Ensure staff is properly relieved for lunch and breaks
Perform as a Supply Technician as needed
High school graduate or GED and 4 years of experience or the equivalent.
Previous inventory experience
Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE): - Monitors material movement into and out of stock, reconciles inventory balances, and maintains adequate inventory levels.
COMMUNICATION (INTERMEDIATE): - Clearly, effectively and respectfully communicates to employees or customers.
CRITICAL THINKING (INTERMEDIATE): - The objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.
PEER LEADERSHIP (NOVICE): - The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.
EQUIPMENT INSPECTIONS (INTERMEDIATE): - Reviews and Inspections is a systematic process of checking to see whether a piece of equipment is meeting specified requirements.
Organizational Impact: Independently performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Gathers and analyzes data to solve problems that arise with little or no precedent.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced job knowledge and has developed a breadth of skills in other areas.
Team Interaction: Serves as a lead for the team by providing expertise and guidance to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S4):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S4):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S4):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S4):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S4):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.