Are you looking to bring more balance to your work and personal life? Are you tired of working a ridiculous number of hours during tax season? Would you like to play more of an advisory role in supporting your tax clients? Want to work with a fun and supportive team? We have the position for you!
Position Description Title: Senior Tax Accountant (Small Firm) Reports to: CEO / CIO Status: Full-time Date: June 28, 2018
Job Summary The Senior Tax Accountant will oversee and operate our small tax department. They are responsible for managing the process of preparing personal, partnership, corporation, trust, and estate returns throughout the year. In addition, they are the primary tax advisor/planner for our select number of wealth management clients and will work to support the senior financial planner to deliver a high level of service to each client throughout the year.
Duties and Responsibilities The Senior Tax Accountant can expect to focus in these areas:
• Prepare and review tax returns for Individuals, S & C-Corporations, Partnerships, Trusts, Estates, and Not-for-Profits • Prepare and review amended returns • File extensions • Prepare tax planning and projections • Address routine client questions and work with clients to obtain necessary information for financial and tax return completion • Communicate client service improvement and business growth opportunity ideas to management • Respond to IRS notices independently • Conduct tax research for unusual situations • Make journal entries for year-end close including bank reconciliation • Generate trial balance & financial statements • Participate in client planning with senior financial planners • Participate in several engagements simultaneously
Qualifications The Senior Tax Accountant position typically requires the following qualifications:
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in a related field, MS in Taxation preferred • CPA certification required • Experience in federal and multi-state individual and entity tax preparation • Minimum of three years’ of experience preparing all types of tax returns with a public CPA firm or private company, including required experience in compiled financial statements, partnerships, s-corps, estates, and trust returns • Have an advisory mindset and help clients achieve their goals throughout the year, not just during tax season • Experience with UltraTax or Drake Suites (Tax, Engagement, Planning, Document, Scan), RIA Checkpoint, QuickBooks, Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook • Must be organized, meticulous, detail-oriented • Excellent language communication skills necessary to provide superior client service • Team player, able to have fun and work well with all levels of the firm, as well as with clients • Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment • Experience in working in a paperless environment
Additional Salary Information: Salary and Benefits
Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards.
• Standard compensation is salary plus performance incentive bonus
o Base salary range is $49,200 to $88,300 per year based on experience, education, and credentials.
o Performance incentive bonus based on a combination of personal, team, and firm goals
• Benefits include: paid holidays, paid sick and vacation, retirement plan with company match, corporate wellness program, free financial planning services, and paid professional association dues. Health insurance available for the right candidate.
• Partial and/or full financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements and other education/training opportunities
• Required non-compete/non-solicit agreement
About Williams Financial, LLC
Williams Financial, LLC, is an independent, fee-only, registered investment advisory firm with offices in Massachusetts, New York, and Vermont. The firm’s eleven (11) professionals provide financial planning, investment advice, portfolio management, and tax preparation to individuals, businesses, trusts, and not-for-profits throughout the country. We enjoy a supportive and fun working environment, giving each team member an excellent opportunity to excel and impact the growth and direction of the firm. We offer a competitive compensation package, rewarding work environment, and exceptional opportunities for growth.