The University of California, San Diego, is ranked the 9th best public university in the nation by U.S. News and World Report. Information Technology Services (IT Services) delivers Enterprise information technology services to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) under the leadership of the campus Chief Information Officer (CIO). IT Services uses world-class services and technologies to empower UC San Diego's mission to transform California and the world as a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university.
The Process Management and Continuous Improvement (PMCI) group consists of the project and portfolio management, time and resource management, IT service management, communications and outreach consulting including program development, process optimization, continuous improvement, new services, and service portfolio.
• Under the direction of the Director of PMCI, responsible for standardizing and implementing large aspects of the service improvement and process management functions. Responsibilities entail definition of standards and orchestration of people, processes, and products to define and deliver excellent IT services across the institution and continuously improve those services.
• Provides a central framework within the organization to drive efficiency and effectiveness of service design and delivery by providing training, guidelines, techniques, and tools.
• Manages the framework for the service catalog, service level commitment, process optimization, service level monitoring, metrics and reporting. Defines procedures and standards, trains and coaches the service and process management practitioners in the department.
• This position will manage projects for the implementation and improvement of IT services and processes. This includes the design and development of processes for service strategy, service design, service transition, service operations and continuous improvement. Provides service assurance by comparing performance against commitments, quality of work, risk levels, and compliance.
• Seeking candidate with hands-on experience producing easy to understand guidelines for good service management, teaching and mentoring others on these standards, creating reports and dashboards that measure service operations and improvement. Understanding of ITIL and Lean Six Sigma concepts are a plus.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce. This position is eligible for full: 1) Health/Dental/Vision Insurance 2) Vacation/Holidays (15 vacation days and 13 paid holidays a year) 3) Life Insurance 4) UC Retirement Plan.
• Employee must be available to work evenings and weekends.
• Employee must be available to travel as required.
For more information about UCSD Benefits visit - http://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/ and UCSD Work/Life visit - https://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/work-life/.
To calculate an approximate value of the total compensation, please click UC Total Compensation Package - https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/total-compensation-calculator.php/
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
• A Bachelor’s Degree in related area; and/or equivalent experience/training.
• Advanced knowledge of related areas of IT. Knowledge and application of IT Service Management, ITIL, and Lean Six Sigma.
• Advanced knowledge of business and process analysis functions. Current state process mapping, analysis of data, process improvement and documentation.
• Advanced skills and methodologies associated with process and software design, modification and implementation.
• Requires basic knowledge of project management principles, theories, and concepts.
• Proven experience with process analysis, systems analysis, process architectures and systems analysis methodologies and practices including traditional waterfall, Agile, Agile Scrum, UML, UML Enterprise, et cetera.
• Strong effective communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
• Interpersonal and communications skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels of organization. Proven skills developing and conducting training.
• Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines. Demonstrates problem solving skills.
• Job offer is contingent upon a satisfactory clearance based on background check results.