Part-time (10-20 hrs) to Full time (36 hrs), flexible hours in a Dermatopathology lab.
The Histotechnician or Histotechnologist prepares tissue for examination by the Dermatopathologist. The person in this position performs embedding, microtomy, and all related histology tasks. This position also performs special stain and IHC procedures as directed. The qualified person will also be trained to do Mohs.
- Grosses tissue specimens to the specifications of the Dermatopathologist.
- Independently performs the major tasks involved in the routine preparation of histological slides from surgical and biopsy specimens to include embedding, microtomy, mounting, and staining of tissue sections, and labeling of finished slides while maintaining patient identification through every step of the process.
- Operates basic laboratory equipment, such as tissue processor, embedding station, tissue microtome, and tissue stainers.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and well-organized work area.
- Performs clerical and computer entry.
- Accurately files patient slides and reports.
- Follows HIPAA and OSHA Safety compliance.
Histotchnician or Histotechnologist certification required.
Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification.
Minimum of one year experience working in a histology lab, performing microtomy and/or embedding is required.
Additional Salary Information: Sign-on or relocation bonus for qualified candidate.
Internal Number: 001
About The NEW Dermatology Group
THE NEW DERMATOLOGY GROUP is a unique medical practice specializing in all aspects of medical and surgical dermatology. Why is it unique? We are committed to providing you and your family the quality of medical care that we expect when we and our loved ones are the patients. We care about every aspect of your experience from your initial phone conversation with our reception and scheduling team, to your interactions with our nursing staff and physicians during your visit. We provide a personalized approach to your dermatology care and take great interest in you as a person. We value a long term relationship with our patients and understand that our success as a medical practice is closely tied to your satisfaction.