Procurement Operations has immediate openings for talented leaders with both strategic and tactical purchasing experience in various locations. The ideal candidate has proven technical skills and supervisory experience; has a track record of creating value through building strong working relationships; has a principled entrepreneurial mindset and has the ability to build a capability that delivers maximum total cost of ownership to operations.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
• Manage and be accountable for purchasing and store room operations across the facility
• Build partnerships within the facility and across Capabilities in order to create value for GP.
• Lead a team of purchasing and stores professionals to excellence in Safety, Health and Environmental Compliance, total cost of ownership of goods and services, competitively advantaged agreements and process efficiency.
• Lead the overall direction and management of strategic procurement for all local material spend, while partnering with customers, to ensure the creation of maximum value in quality, cost, reliability, & delivery in areas of endeavor.
• Manage and support the capital procurement process, including negotiations and contract creation
• Partner with operations teams in efforts to ensure storerooms are reliable and support defined asset strategies.
• Develop strong category partnerships, aligning with and managing strategic initiatives, commitments and supply chain strategies.
• Interface with the leadership teams pertaining to business initiatives and value drivers.
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Willing and able to travel as required.
• At least 2 years of purchasing or supply chain related experience.
• Must be able to start within 3 weeks of offer
• Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Purchasing, Supply Chain, Business, Finance or Engineering.
• Supervisory experience including hiring talent to an organization and ability to coach and mentor existing talent within a team.
• Negotiations, risk assessment and contract management experience.
• Diverse experience with different commodities and commodity management.
• MRO purchasing and store management experience.
Internal Number: 057333
About Georgia-Pacific, LLC
Georgia-Pacific offers its employees and prospective candidates the best of both worlds - a great place to work and rewarding opportunities to grow and develop a career. As the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of tissue, packaging, paper, pulp, building products and related chemicals, we create value for our customers and our company by recruiting the best talent. If you are interested in working for a company that offers challenging opportunities, visit www.gp.com/careers.