Key Responsibilities: •Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conceptualize, build, test and ship Big Data solutions that meet business and market needs. •Take a leading role in designing and leading the implementation of company wide data architecture strategy •Create and maintain systems that load and transform large data sets from various internal sources. •Act as subject matter expert for Data technologies like Redshift, Spark, MySQL, Vertica, Aerospike and Vertica. •Design and maintain data model for new and existing production systems. Use tools such as Flyway and Confluent to maintain data schema versioning. •Developing and supporting backend components that manage live streaming of data •Work with our Data Scientist and Business Intelligence team to create data-driven insights and reports for senior management. •Perform daily monitoring, administration, repair and maintenance related to data technologies and related technologies in all environments.
Minimum Job Requirements: •Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience •Minimum 5 years of R&D experience working with production systems which support high volumes of data traffic •Experience designing and supporting ETL solutions to support business requirements such as reporting, dashboards and data analytics •Highly proficient in open source SQL systems, particularly Spark SQL, Redshift, MySql •Proficiency in multiple programming languages, including Java, Scala, Python and Ruby •Demonstrable experience with cloud-based Services. Particularly AWS tools such as RDS, Glue, data pipelines, EMR and Labmda. •Expertise with optimizing query performance •Deep understanding of data structures and schema •Deep understanding of Data scalability solutions such as partitions, clusters, distributions, indexing. •Exceptional analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills •Self-motivated, driven, resourceful and able to get things done •Enjoy working in fast-paced, collaborative, Agile environments •Ability to adapt and learn quickly is a fundamental necessity
Preferred Experience: •Experience with the Spark/Hadoop ecosystem •Experience with Kafka + Kafka Connect •Experience with data streaming technologies, such as Spark Streaming, Kafka Streaming and Storm. •Experience with continuous integration systems (Jenkins) •Experience with other programming languages and platforms, such as Java/Scala •Knowledge of columnar and no-SQL systems, such as Redshift, Aerospike and Vertica •Knowledge and applicable experience with agile methodologies such as SCRUM •Working in a production environment, preferably with a SaaS company
About Digital Turbine
About Digital Turbine, Inc.
Digital Turbine works at the convergence of media and mobile communications, delivering end-to-end products and solutions for mobile operators, app advertisers, device OEMs and other third parties to enable them to effectively monetize mobile content and acquire higher value user acquisition. The company's products include DT Ignite™, a mobile device management solution with targeted app distribution capabilities, DT IQ™, a customized user experience and app discovery tool, DT Marketplace™, an application and content store, and DT Pay™, a content management and mobile payment solution, DT Media, an advertiser solution for unique and exclusive carrier inventory, and Appia, a leading worldwide mobile user acquisition network. Digital Turbine has delivered more than 300 million app installs for hundreds of advertisers. In addition, more than 31 million customers use Digital Turbine's solutions each month across more than 30 global operators. Headquartered in Austin, Texas with global offices in Durham, Berlin, Singapore, Sydney and Tel Aviv. For additional information visit www.digitalturbine.com or connect with Digital Turbine on Twitter at @DigitalTurb...ine.
Reasons to Work for Digital Turbine:
• Rapid growth – We’re growing quickly which gives our employees exciting opportunities to take on new challenges and have a significant impact on the company’s future.
• Laid back work environment – Employees enjoy coming to work in jeans, working in an open environment, and lounging on couches with their laptop.
• Stock options – All employees are expected to make an impact, so everyone is granted stock options when they join the company.
• Free food & drinks – Our kitchens are stocked with plenty of snacks and drinks to help get you through each day.
• An exciting, evolving industry – The mobile app business is booming and changing every day, which means that we are always adapting to stay ahead of the curb.
Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action; without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Beer Fridays – Every Friday afternoon, the company breaks away from work to come together and unwind after a busy week.
• Healthy work/life balance. We work hard but respect our employee’s life outside of the office and general well-being. We offer an unlimited vacation policy!
• Opportunity to work with the industry’s top talent – Many of our employees have over a decade’s worth of experience in the mobile app space. We are a company of ‘A’ players and only look for the best people to join our team.
• Everyone has a voice and can make their mark – Every employee has the opportunity to implement new processes, design new programs, and be creative within their unique role.