Locatedin Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching,discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals whocome to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a placewhere your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilitieschallenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learningand leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know theyare part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride intheir work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advancehealth and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, andresearch.
We are dedicated to ourpatients and doctors/nursing staff by providing the necessarysupplies/equipment needed in a timely manner
Our night shiftdepartment is comprised of 14 staff members that are split into two rotations,which work 12 hour shifts. Each rotationworks two days on, two days off and every other weekend (Friday, Saturday andSunday). Our mission on a nightly basis,is to receive, deliver supplies throughout VUH
We average 3000 â 3,500supply items nightly.
There are 30 differentareas that we stock nightly.
We also maintaincomputer access with nursing staff, in case of supply shortages.
We respond to StatCalls and delivery of Crash Carts as needed.
We work within VUH,Medical Center North and Critical Care Towers.
We work as a team toaccomplish our mission.
Leads, implements, andmeasures supply chain activities independently. Dispenses medical/surgicalsupplies and patient care equipment with regular guidance. Ensures appropriatesupplies are ordered, received, and inventory levels are maintained.
Oversees the daily supply chain operations and staff. Supervises inventory counts to ensure adequate supply is maintained.
Responsible for the organization and maintenance of assigned supply locations.
Captures patient charges for supplies.
Provides materials and equipment requested in a timely manner. Assembles carts for distribution.
Ensures supplies are in a clean and safe working condition and environment.
Cleans, prepares, and tests specialty beds or equipment for safety.
Assists with the delivery of training to new staff.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Monitors material movement intoand out of stock, reconciles inventory balances, and maintains adequateinventory levels.
COMMUNICATION (INTERMEDIATE):- Clearly, effectively and respectfullycommunicates to employees or customers.
CRITICAL THINKING (INTERMEDIATE):- The objective analysis and evaluationof an issue in order to form a judgment.
PEER LEADERSHIP (NOVICE):- The ability to show leadership and influencepeople of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.
EQUIPMENT INSPECTIONS (INTERMEDIATE):- Reviews and Inspections is asystematic process of checking to see whether a piece of equipment is meetingspecified requirements.
Organizational Impact: Independently performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Gathers and analyzes data to solve problems that arise with little or no precedent.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced job knowledge and has developed a breadth of skills in other areas.
Team Interaction: Serves as a lead for the team by providing expertise and guidance to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S4):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S4):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S4):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S4):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S4):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 4 yearsrelevant experience
Must be computer Savvy
3rd Shift â6:00 â 6:30 â Rotating Days and Holidays
Becausewe are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research,we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health CareProvider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties rankedamong the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals inthe U.S.
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals inAmerica"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medicalresearch in the US
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honoredin Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association:among the 100 "MostWired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.