The Director, Enterprise Application Services reports directly to the Interim Deputy CIO. The Director is responsible for strategic oversight of the development, integration, maintenance, support and customization of all critical business applications supporting the administrative and academic operations across the institution's enterprise. The Interim Director collaborates with colleagues in ITS and other key stakeholders to establish goals and define Enterprise Applications strategic and operational initiatives and objectives.
The Director provides formal supervision and coaching for the Enterprise Application Services team and sets vision and direction to inspire and drive continuous improvement of policies, standards and procedures.
The Director is expected to demonstrate a high-level of leadership and management expertise to improve operational performance and establish strategic direction as well as a moderate depth of technical expertise in enterprise applications, application portfolio management, vendor management, application development and support practices.
Functional / Technical Responsibilities
* Understand business issues and lead cross-functional teams to develop innovative solutions in the development and support of critical business applications taking into consideration performance, scalability, integration, support, and availability with realistic implementation schedules.
* Oversee efforts to define systems scope and objectives, identify systems interfaces, devise or modify procedures to solve problems and develop detailed specifications.
* Oversee application and product support (including custom applications and COTS) through various stages of the development lifecycle including requirements gathering, analysis, design, testing, implementation, maintenance and support for all critical business systems that directly impact the administrative, academic and student populations.
* Oversee Level 2 and 3 production support for all production applications related issues and manage critical business system support.
* Oversee budgeting (operational and capital) processes and quality improvement activities for the Enterprise Application Services group.
* Ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner and apply in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing, implementing and supporting critical business systems analysis and applications development projects and programs.
* Establish SLAs for the supported critical business applications with approval from management.
* Provide direct oversight of staff executing all aspects of Enterprise Business Systems development and management, application support and COTS applications development and management.
* Share knowledge and develop staff capabilities to strengthen understanding of the IT and application services industry, business issues and best practices; evaluate implications to ITS.
* Develop and communicate organizational objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
* Establish primary and backup roles for each team member. Define and execute training plans to ensure coverage across all critical applications.
* Drive team member engagement through building effective relationships, communication and management oversight.
* Build organizational talent by creating a learning environment that ensures employees realize their highest potential.
* Work in partnership with ITS senior leaders on strategic initiatives related to enterprise application services to continuously improve policies, standards and procedures by anticipating issues, providing advice and sharing knowledge and best practices.
* Develop strategic relationships with stakeholders across the institution's administrative, academic and student groups and partner across the ITS Senior Leadership team to align with BCCC's internal and external client demands.
Internal Number: 2019-030
About Baltimore City Community College
As the only community college in Baltimore City, and the only State-sponsored community college in Maryland, we enroll more Baltimore City residents than any other college or university in the state. For over 70 years, the College has served as a gateway to higher education. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities at all levels to the citizens of Baltimore City, the State of Maryland, and other countries.