UC San Diego Health, the area's only academic medical center, is seeking a Director of Rehabilitation Services. Rehabilitation Services department includes service delivery in two acute hospital sites and five ambulatory clinics across San Diego, employing over 150 team members.
Responsibilities include administration and coordination of the day-to-day operations including oversight of all rehabilitation/ therapy assets, access to services, and quality control across rehabilitation services. Responsible for all rehabilitation equipment, acquisitions, facilities planning and installation; direct management/supervision of personnel; maintenance of all areas in accordance with regulatory requirements. Develop and manage resource budgets; continually work to provide exceptional customer service and build and develop the management structure of Rehabilitation Services.
The Director will work with appropriate leadership, staff and faculty to develop strategic plans for the growth and development of Rehabilitation Services. Responsible for long range and capital planning for equipment and information technology. Establish service, productivity and cost standards and goals consistent with the overall goals and objectives of the health system strategic plan. The Director oversees and directly manages multiple clinical sites in both the hospital and ambulatory setting.
Leads the regulatory efforts of Rehabilitation Services and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local mandates. Includes the rehabilitative areas of physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. Functions as part of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, working across the full continuum of care in a wide variety of settings. Designs and leads operations for large department and multiple disciplines in Rehabilitation Services. Accountable for the overall administrative planning and coordination of the staffing, fiscal and material resources. Oversees multiple outpatient clinics and two hospital inpatient departments.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
• Bachelor's Degree in healthcare administration or related clinical area; or equivalent combination of experience and training.
• Current license in related rehabilitation service is required.
• A minimum of eight (8+) or more years of relevant experience in rehabilitation services.
• Experience and proven success in clinical practice knowledge and applied background in a rehabilitation service.
• Applies knowledge industry best practices in patient diagnosis and treatment to improve clinical workflows.
• Master's Degree in related field.
• Five (5+) or more years of managerial experience in a relevant setting.
• Experience in both inpatient and ambulatory rehabilitation settings.
• Experience in a large, integrated health system.
• Experience in academic medicine/health system.
• Experience in program development and/or expansion of services.
• Substantial experience with department finance/budget process.
Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.