Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Supply Chain is comprised of almost 300 employees who strive to ensure efficient and successful behind-the-scenes operations. Our services range from case cart operations, purchasing, materials management, systems support, and many others. We take an evidence-based approach and utilize a collaborative effort between the customer and supply teams to eliminate wastefulness through standardization and process improvement initiatives.
Lead Clinical Supply Specialist Night Shift
MCJCHV Inpatient Svc Ctr.
Oversee the daily supply chain operations of Associate Supply Specialist Technicians
Verify supply chain documentation for completeness and accuracy
Knowledge of reporting system and ability to utilize reports and resolve all discrepancies
Performs rounds of assigned areas on a daily basis logging all action item for follow up with supervisor
Provides leadership to assigned staff
Serve as shift supervisor as appointed by management
Perform as a Supply Technician as needed
Average lines order/put away on a daily basis Tuesdays -Thursdays: (1275) and Fridays/Mondays: (1745)
Ensure appropriate supplies are purchased, received, inventory levels are maintained, and patient charges are captured, resupply nurse servers in the NICU (120) carts, PCCU/PCICU (36) carts, (12) Special Procedure carts and (6) carts in the Peds Ed.
The Supply Technician is also responsible for conducting physical inventories of 52 forms totaling 7,877 lines according to the defined schedule
Fully Staffed: 5 Clinical Supply Spec 1 Lead per rotation
JOB CODE INFORMATION:
Job Code: 6317
Job Stream Description: Support/Technical
JOB SUMMARY: Leads, implements, and measures supply chain activities independently. Dispenses medical/surgical supplies and patient care equipment with regular guidance. Ensures appropriate supplies are ordered, received, and inventory levels are maintained.
Oversees the daily supply chain operations and staff. Supervises inventory counts to ensure adequate supply is maintained.
Responsible for the organization and maintenance of assigned supply locations.
Captures patient charges for supplies.
Provides materials and equipment requested in a timely manner. Assembles carts for distribution.
Ensures supplies are in a clean and safe working condition and environment.
Cleans, prepares, and tests specialty beds or equipment for safety.
Assists with the delivery of training to new staff.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Monitors material movement into and out of stock, reconciles inventory balances, and maintains adequate inventory levels.
COMMUNICATION (INTERMEDIATE):- Clearly, effectively and respectfully communicates to employees or customers.
CRITICAL THINKING (INTERMEDIATE):- The objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.
PEER LEADERSHIP (NOVICE):- The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.
EQUIPMENT INSPECTIONS (INTERMEDIATE):- Reviews and Inspections is a systematic process of checking to see whether a piece of equipment is meeting specified requirements.
Organizational Impact: Independently performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Gathers and analyzes data to solve problems that arise with little or no precedent.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced job knowledge and has developed a breadth of skills in other areas.
Team Interaction: Serves as a lead for the team by providing expertise and guidance to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S4):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S4):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S4):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S4):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S4):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.