This non-supervisory position in the Materials Division supports Information Technology sourcing across categories such as Hardware, Software Licensing, and Professional Services.
- Assist with development and implementation of procedures to guide technology sourcing
- Respond to internal requisitions for technology products and services in accordance with existing company and departmental policies
- Manage supplier relationships and act as primary point of contact to ensure continuity of technology goods and services
- Perform market research and advise stakeholders of trends and impending change
- Develop negotiation strategies to achieve financial savings and mitigate company risk
- Responsible for bid development, cost/price analysis, budget management and program management, all i/a/w with BIW Acquisition Policies & Procedures
- Track forecasted vs. actual savings for IT spend categories and summarize performance to leadership
- Set standards across BIW and with Suppliers of professionalism, sound judgement and fairness; applies these high standards to all subcontracts
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable federal regulation and internal policies and procedures to enable conformity through daily function
- Prepare well-written, succinct and compliant approval packages for management approval
- Understand, utilize, and champion adoption of Materials Division information systems
Position may include:
- May be called on to act in a project or team-leadership capacity working with a team that may include Information Technology, Engineering, Design, Production Planning, or Production personnel.
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 4 years in a Supply Chain or Procurement role required
- Information Technology sourcing experience required
- Experience interpreting technical scopes and requisitions to facilitate purchase
- Capable of independently negotiating pricing and terms with technology providers
- Experience working in a highly-regulated industry such as DOD contracting preferred
- Financial acumen necessary to develop price analyses and ensure adherence to budgets
- Ability to build relationships across all departments and levels within organization
- SAP experience
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Suite)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing - Desire to learn and master processes
- Experience supporting and guiding professional colleagues
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional projects
Internal Number: 2019-1905
About General Dynamics Bath Iron Works
Since 1884, we have delivered more than 425 ships to the world's naval and commercial fleets. Today, Bath Iron Works builds naval ships with the same dedication.
We are the lead designer and builder of the Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer, one of the most technologically advanced and capable surface combatants ever built. We are also one of the partners for the Zumwalt class, the Navy's next-generation, multi-mission naval surface combatant.
Bath Iron Works is one of three shipyards comprising the General Dynamics Marine Systems group. General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company, employing thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Learn more about us at https://www.gdbiw.com/