ADMINISTRATIVE ANALYST III - MEDICAL ADMINISTRATION Job Number: 00122870
Job Posting : Apr 10, 2019, 8:23:35 PM Closing Date : Apr 25, 2019, 4:59:00 AM Full-time A.M. P.M.
Posting Salary : COMPETITIVE SALARY
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
The Administrative Analyst III in Medical Administration will perform a wide variety of professional analytical and administrative duties in support of clinical department functions, operations, and programs, including, but not limited to: personnel management/processing; budget management/analysis; purchase order and payment processing; data collection, analysis, interpretation and reporting, initiation of special projects and other specialized functions; and coordination of assigned activities with other departments, divisions, outside agencies, and the general public.
· Maintains department/division position control data such as employee roster and department based shadow files. Ensures all original Human Resources (HR) documents are returned to HR or Medical Staff Services, as appropriate.
· Coordinates applicant interviews, initiates hiring, credentialing/re-credentialing and employment exit processes and monitors progress on an ongoing basis
· Conducts department/division-level orientation and routine training
· Develops work and on-call schedules
· Monitors compliance with all CCHHS mandatory requirements for employed staff members and voluntary providers within the department/division.
· May directly supervise other support staff members (as applicable)
· Acts as a department liaison during employee disciplinary hearings, reprimands and union grievance processes
· Performs payroll processing functions, verifies attendance records, maintains employee benefit time records; consults with supervisor regarding time and attendance discrepancies
· Assists the chair with development and management of department/division budgets
· Initiates, coordinates and monitors purchasing and payment processes for goods and professional services with supply chain management and financial operations staff. Maintains purchasing and payment records in electronic and/or paper files
· Collects, analyzes and interprets data and produces management reports (utilizing current software and/or applications) to support the department's/division's quality plan and operational needs
· Coordinates department/division meetings, prepares agendas and minutes; creates and maintains meeting documentation in electronic and/or paper files
· Works with Information Technology, Health Information Management and Finance departments to identify downstream system problems; takes corrective action to train and monitor staff as needed
· Collects material to review, investigate and resolve patient and employee complaints
· Collaborates with various inpatient and outpatient departments to implement strategies to address patient care issues
· Develops and maintains positive relationships with coworkers , patients and visitors
· Serves as backup for other administrative/management staff
· Manages and/or participates in special projects
· Performs other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma and Seven (7) years of experience developing capital and operational budgets and managing financial operations for one or more business units (Diploma required at time of interview) OR Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and Three (3) years of experience developing capital and operational budgets and managing financial operations for one or more business units (Transcripts required at time of interview (Transcripts required at time of interview)
· One (1) year of experience as a supervisor or manager in a healthcare environment
· Prior experience developing capital and operational budgets and managing financial operations for one or more business units
· Prior experience leading projects and creating, gathering and tracking departmental reports
· Prior experience managing internal and external communication
· Must be able to meet the Intermediate proficiency level using Microsoft Office Suite (testing maybe required)
· Must be able to create complex spreadsheets
· Must be able to work flexible work hours
Writing sample will be required at time of interview
· Prior experience as a supervisor or manager in a unionized environment
· Prior work experience in an academic healthcare organization
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
· Working knowledge of payroll processing and time keeping methods
· Demonstrate the ability to maintain an organized electronic and paper filing system
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
· Strong customer service and empathy skills
· Demonstrates good computer and typing skills
· Demonstrate good phone and email etiquette skills with strong response times
· Demonstrate analytical and organizational , problem-solving, critical thinking, time management and conflict resolution skills
· Demonstrate management and leadership skills
· Strong mathematical and statistical skills for generating reports
· Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and precision
· Ability to utilize standard office equipment
· Ability to work at the Intermediate proficiency level using Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize projects and tasks
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced and stressful environment
· Ability to adhere to department policies and standards utilizing best practices
· Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged
· Ability to function autonomously and as a team member in a multidisciplinary team
· This position occasionally requires various types of physical exertion including but not limited to bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, prolonged standing, and/or moving light to medium weight
· Ability to work flexible work hours
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question,
Internal Number: 226961
About Cook County Health & Hospitals System
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM
The Cook County Health & Hospitals System’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCHHS is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCHHS is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.