YourRole: Providesreview, analysis, negotiation, and execution of contracts for Health IT andGeneral IT Software Contracts. Provides leadership in ensuring all approvedproducts are purchased under cost effective contracts. Identifies andcoordinates all opportunities for contracting of new and existing equipment,supplies and services. Evaluates products and vendors.
Manages existing contracts and supplier relations for complex areas and products.
Negotiates complex contracts for continued cost savings and reliability.
Performs financial analysis and needs assessment for purchases and products to include consideration related to total cost impact.
Identifies any and all forms of cost savings opportunities utilizing benchmarking data.
Communicates purchasing strategies to the buyers.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS (ADVANCED):- Demonstrates an understanding ofnegotiating skills such as building trust, gaining commitment, managing theopposition and maintaining goodwill. Realizes the need for mutual concessionsand accommodations and negotiates with others for resources, actions or buy-into maximize collaborative outcomes.
PURCHASING (ADVANCED):- Understands the concepts behind supplierrelations and supply chain management. Handles supplier-related activities,requests for pricing, and purchases of goods and services while ensuringappropriate costs, schedules, quality, deliveries, terms, and conditions.
SOURCING (ADVANCED):- Discovering qualified candidates through a networkof talent.
COMMUNICATION (ADVANCED):- Clearly, effectively and respectfullycommunicates to employees or customers.
Organizational Impact: Delivers projects/assignments that have a direct impact on goals/objectives of the unit/department that the job is in.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts extensive analysis of situations or data to resolve numerous, complex issues; may involve the input/work of others.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has in-depth level of knowledge within a professional area and working knowledge of other areas.
Team Interaction: May lead mid-sized projects; coaches and guides team members.
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENTSERVICES (P4):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY(P4):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCESEFFECTIVELY (P4):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a globalcrossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is acommunity of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim ofchanging the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, yourknowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where yourdiversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â is sought andcelebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something thatis bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and neversettle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advance health and wellness throughpreeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Becausewe are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research,we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital inTennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (BillWilkerson Center), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinicalspecialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100hospitals in the US
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the"100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade"A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10grant awardees for medical research in the US
American Association for the Advancement ofScience: 12 facultymembers elected fellows in 2014
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nursesare the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: MiddleTennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100"Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.