Penske recently named one of the best companies to work for by Forbes Magazine!!
The Driver Supervisor is responsible for managing and developing relationships with our Class A and NON CDL Delivery Drivers to increase driver performance while enhancing driver satisfaction and driver retention.The supervisor will focus on meeting on time delivery performance, customer expectations, safety objectives and initiatives as outlined by the company.
Experience overseeing Class A and NON CDL Delivery Drivers
Strong understanding of DOT rules and regulations and HOS
Experience with hiring, scheduling and routing
Class A CDL a plus but not required
Start-up experience preferred
Must be able to work flexible hours to meet the business needs
- Ensure that all supervisors and associates are trained and understand how their work impacts the customers' business objectives
- Establish and sustain human capital processes to ensure we recruit, hire, train, develop and retain quality associates
- Establish and sustain effective, two-way communication that informs and motivates as well as recognizes excellence among team members
- Establish and sustain strong and effective relationships with associates, the customer, and supporting departments
- Meet or exceed all customer key performance metrics and objectives
- Interact daily with local customer to ensure existing and emerging customer needs are understood
- Lead team to identify operational improvements in areas such as inventory accuracy and warehouse operations
- Collaborate with other Penske sites to share best practices, leverage resources/assets, etc.
- Develop and execute annual financial and operating plan
- Lead the operation with integrity to meet or exceed the Business Plan targets
- Identify issues with the operating metrics and P&L and make required adjustments in a timely manner
- Ensure customer billings and associate payroll are prepared timely and accurately, the payables and intercompany charges are valid and correct, and all other activities are accurately reflected in the P&L.
- Lead a culture of safety through personal example
- Develop, execute, and assess continuous improvement plan to reduce accident and injury frequency
- Ensure each associate understands their individual role and responsibilities, as well as the group's role and responsibilities required to achieve and maintain a safe work place
- Proactively identify and correct unsafe conditions, work processes, and behaviors
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and challenge the status quo
- Execute a process to track and record value delivered to the customer
- Identify and seize profitable business opportunities for the customer and Penske
- Utilize available metrics to monitor and maximize customer efficiencies and achieve cost savings.
- Lead effort to improve fleet/equipment utilization, maintenance availability and fuel efficiency
- Contribute to equipment specification at time of start-up and renewal
- Build a strong working relationship with local PTL district and other equipment vendors
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
2 - 4 years related functional experience
Â- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Â- Bachelorâ€™s Degree preferred
Â- Must have ability to connect and build rapport and relationships with associates and external customers at all levels
Â- Must have ability to work efficiently with time management and organizational skills
Â- Strong written/oral communication skills and the ability to actively listen are required
Â- Ability to manage through a problem and think and make decisions independently
Â- Ability to drive process improvement and lead change
Â- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
Â- Must demonstrate ownership & responsibility to run the operation with a sense of urgency
Â- DOT and dispatching experience preferred for dedicated contract carriage
Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
Â- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
Â- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Â- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
Â- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
Â- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 6408 S 287th St Auburn, WA 98001
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Auburn
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1908744
Internal Number: 1908744
About Penske Truck Leasing
Consider Penske for your next career move. Penske offers dynamic career opportunities in virtually every field and profession. We're always seeking high-performance people with a deep passion for customer service and high ethical standards. Sound like you?