Title: Assistant-Professor | Associate-Professor, Tenure-track faculty position in Industrial Engineering Department: Industrial & Mechanical Engineering Discipline: Industrial Engineering Campus: Byblos Vacancy date: position open until filled
The Department of Industrial and Mechanical Engineering at the School of Engineering (located in Byblos, Lebanon) invites applicants for a tenure-track faculty position in the field of Industrial Engineering.
Two positions are available. Review of applications will begin on October 1st, 2019, and continue until the positions are filled. Expected start date is January 2020.
Candidates must have an undergraduate degree in engineering (preferably in Industrial Engineering or related field) and a Ph.D. degree in Industrial Engineering or Engineering Management, or any related field with an emphasis in one or more of the following areas:
Ergonomics and human-machine interaction
Planning and control of production and inventory systems
Supply chain management and optimization
Quality management systems and systems reliability
Systems modeling and simulation including manufacturing and service systems
While preference will be given to applicants with experience relevant to the stated areas, exceptional applicants in any area of Industrial Engineering will be considered.
The successful candidates will be expected to teach at both the graduate and undergraduate levels and to participate actively in research as well as to perform services to the university.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb
Interested candidates should apply electronically by sending to the Office of the Provost: (1) a letter of intent, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) a concise description of research plans, and (4) names and contact information of 3 references. Email: email@example.com.
Candidates should refer to position no. SOE-20-3.
About Lebanese American University | School of Engineering
The Lebanese American University is committed to academic excellence, student-centeredness, civic engagement, the advancement of scholarship, the education of the whole person, and the formation of leaders in a diverse world.
The LAU School of Engineering offers five unique bachelor of engineering programs accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, in addition to three graduate engineering programs and two new bachelor of engineering programs in Petroleum Engineering and Mechatronics Engineering. Our programs mesh a liberal art college atmosphere with the academic rigor of a research university, in order to graduate well-rounded engineers who will be the engineering leaders of tomorrow. Our vibrant and dedicated faculty members and state-of-the-art laboratory and computational facilities create a dynamic and stimulating environment for learning.
The School of Engineering is guided by the following core values in delivering its mission and pursuing its vision:
1. Integrity and Transparency: Through academic freedom and responsibility; ethical behavior; honesty; respect; and shared governance.
2. Academic Excellence: Through excellence in teaching; student c...enteredness; quality of scholarship and research; and innovation, critical thinking, life-long learning, leadership, interpersonal skills, and values that enhance student success as trademarks of our efforts.
3. Inclusiveness and Diversity: Through civility and the free exchange of ideas and appreciation for the perspectives of each individual from diverse backgrounds.
4. Environmental Stewardship: Through promotion of sustainable resource management and reduction of negative impact on the environment.
5. Effective leadership: Through inspiration and motivation, and encouragement of responsible and accountable conduct to ensure attainment of our mission.