The Department of Electrical Engineering (EE) at the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD), Swenson College of Science and Engineering (SCSE) invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor (Job Code 9403). The educational and research focus is in at least one of the areas of embedded systems, multicore/multiprocessor systems, biomedical instrumentation, and/or artificial intelligence systems.
The successful candidate is expected to teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, conduct research, advise students, provide appropriate service to the Department and the profession, and demonstrate a willingness to interact with the public and private sectors. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: • Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field by the time of appointment
• Baccalaureate degree in electrical engineering or a closely related field
• Demonstrated active research in one or more of the areas: embedded systems, multicore/multiprocessor systems, biomedical instrumentations, or artificial intelligence systems
• Demonstrated commitment to quality teaching
• Teaching experience in higher education
• Experience or ability to teach subjects on FPGA, SoC, or IoT (hardware and software)
• Demonstrated effective written and oral communications skills
• Willingness to interact with the public and private sectors or have industrial experience
• Experience in working with diverse populations
Internal Number: 333115
About University of Minnesota, Duluth
The University of Minnesota Duluth integrates liberal education, research, creative activity, and public engagement and prepares students to thrive as lifelong learners and globally engaged citizens.