Work Type: Active - Benefit Eligible and Accrues Time Off Exempt: Yes
Work Schedule: M-F with Call Rotation Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period:
Shift Time: Location: Hollis Cancer Center, US:FL:Lakeland
Summary: Responsible for providing leadership and for management of the human, material and financial resources of the assigned department, insuring that the department operations are in alignment with the goals and objectives of LRH. Consistently achieves the expected results at the appropriate level as outlined in LRH's leadership competencies.
Serving as the Executive Medical Director, Lakeland Regional Health Hollis Cancer Center, this physician leader and Chief of Oncology at the Hollis Cancer Center (HCC) provides clinical oversight and medical direction to all physician and clinical programs at HCC, and also serves as a practicing oncologist at HCC. Lakeland Regional Health (LRH) is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, and in this role the Executive Director will work to continue to collaborate with Mayo to bring best practices in the patient care to the Hollis Cancer Center.
This position reports to the LRH EVP/COO for the Health System and works collaboratively with the Administrative Director of HCC. The position will also be eligible for a faculty appointment with the Mayo Clinic.
In addition to serving as a practicing physician (60% of time) the Executive Medical Director of HCC is responsible for the following (40% of time):
1. Provide overall clinical direction of HCC utilizing his/her clinical expertise in the care of oncology patients and the strength/support of the Mayo Oncology Program.
2. Develop plans for ensuring that evidence-based care and protocols are embedded into the care for all HCC patients, utilizing Mayo best practices, Mayo clinical protocols, Mayo care maps and Mayo policies/procedures as much as possible.
3. Recommend/implement changes to program structures and protocols to ensure the advancement of Cancer Care at HCC, once again utilizing Mayo best practices and standards.
4. Develop/recommend plans for capital equipment purchases for HCC
5. Develop/ensure the ongoing effectiveness of QA/QI and Risk management programs for HCC
6. Ensure that the Center meets all regulatory requirements
7. Recommend strategies to expand clinical programs, including the required physicians, support staff and equipment
8. Lead the recruitment and selection of physicians at the HCC
9. Participate in the evaluation and management all HCC physicians
10. Establish and oversee the research programs at HCC; ensure that HCC enrollment in Mayo oncology protocols and other research protocols continues to grow
11. Serve as a liaison between HCC and the medical center, other physician groups and the community
12. In conjunction with LRH leadership, develop a 10 year strategic plan for advancing HCC care and services to meet/exceed national benchmarks, including national certifications, research strength, depth of services, etc.
Coordinate educational programs for HCC and community physicians on oncology-related topics
13. Serve as a member of the LRH Executive Leadership (ELC) team
14. As requested, assist in marketing and philanthropy efforts directed toward HCC
Qualifications & Experience
Education: Essential: * MD/DO
Other information: Licenses Essential: Current Florida State License or Ability to obtain one Certifications Essential: Board Certified/ Board Eligible
Internal Number: 6338
About Lakeland Regional Health
Lakeland Regional Health is committed to providing patient-focused, health care services while continuing to improve the quality of care to our patients, families, guests and physicians.