Under minimal supervision, provides leadership and direction for the use of specific Finance and Supply Management application systems ensuring support of the company's business objectives and requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, Accounting, Budget, Grants, Billing, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Logistics and Supply Management. Interacts with Senior Management Staff and the CIO, fostering an open and collaborative style of communication and leadership. Assists with development and implementation plans for meeting the application needs of the organization. Strives to maintain a high level of service on production systems while anticipating future requirements, trends, and changes. The incumbent will be hands on and responsible for application standards, procedures, processes, and overall quality of each application, as well as the efforts and career development of up to 5 application support personnel. The incumbent will have extensive interaction with other clinical and business departments in addition to IT groups in order to meet these objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Application Support Oversight * Directs and organizes resource plan for support and maintenance of the assigned Denver Health enterprise-wide software systems. Identifies required areas for support, including but not limited to key system functions and integrations.
* Understands and is fluent in or learns the language of Denver Health users.
* Interacts with hospital management and clinical professionals on IT needs and projects.
* Mentors and acts as a role model for continuous improvement approach utilizing Lean methodologies; identifies actual/potential problems; utilizes innovative problem solving techniques; exhibits commitment to problem resolution and provides follow-up.
2. Communication and Documentation * Communicates and intervenes appropriately with departmental or hospital personnel when required or requested to help resolve issues.
* Advocates for internal customers and negotiates with vendors and IT departments for support as necessary.
* Oversees updated documentation for assigned procedures.
* Ensures documentation is available for co-workers during absences.
* Remains current on vendor, enterprise and departmental correspondence.
* Makes formal and informal presentations both orally and in writing.
* Provides and maintains documentation as required or requested for application related support.
* Completes work status and time allocation documentation as required.
3. Planning and Organization. * Plans and organizes time effectively.
* Integrates priority changes into existing work plans.
* Anticipates resource needs and plans accordingly.
4. System Configuration Leadership
Executes hands-on delivery of application systems configuration. Coordinates in detail with technical development resources for enhancements, including but not limited to automation, reporting, analytics, extended application functionality and integration.
* Supports development of technical configuration and enhancements, ensuring quality development meeting department standards.
* Researches and seeks to understand the impact of application systems life cycle updates on previously implemented functionality. Proactively identifies and suggests resolution to conflicts identified. Identifies relevant new functionality and coordinates with peers, management and vendors to implement approved features.
* Mentors and enables peers, customers and other ERP team members on the capabilities of supported systems, allowing others to identify and suggest relevant solutions to business issues.
5. Talent Management * Plans and manages the activities of employees within their team.
* Assesses staffing and skills requirements, establishes professional development & training plans, and sets goals and expectations for team members.
* Reviews and approves personnel matters pertaining to interviews, participates in hiring of new employees, and ensures training for new employees.
* Reviews provisions for staff development, training, and orientations as prescribed by JCAHO and DHHA standards.
* Completes company and department specific orientation and competency validation guidelines before start of work assignments, including the full hospital orientation within thirty days.
* Maintains an adequate dialogue with direct reports to ensure an understanding of strategic and operational direction of the team.
* Sets expectations for completing project/work assignments, provides direct reports with the resources and tools they require to meet the expected performance levels.
* Provides continuing feedback on direct reports performance and makes recommendations for improvement.
* Monitors, evaluates, appraises or disciplines employee's activities according to Denver Health standards.
* Completes employee annual performance appraisals as prescribed by Denver Health and departmental standards.
* Fosters and maintains an expectation for excellence in Customer Service.
6. Project Oversight * Works closely with leadership and IT PMO to ensure that projects are appropriately staffed, given adequate priority and monitored until completion.
* Oversees assigned projects enabling business objectives, resolving issues in a timely manner.
7. Vendor Relationships * Develops and maintains working relationships with vendors.
* Works with vendors to augment Denver Health staff for large projects and help negotiate competitive professional service rates.
8. Professional Growth * Maintains personal professional growth and development through seminars, workshops & professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in both the Information Technology and Healthcare fields.
* Maintains awareness & understanding of current and emerging technology.
* Contributes to speaking engagements, publications or other professional groups or social media.
9. Other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor's Degree required.
2. Concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or Healthcare Related field preferred.
1. Typically, eight (8) years in Information Systems or a Healthcare related field or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience in application support and development at an enterprise system level.
2. Five (5) years Lawson/Infor implementation, upgrade and hands-on support experience preferred.
3. One (1) year personnel management experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to understand software and hardware requirements of varied departmental systems. Understands and ability to learn the workflow and process requirements of the user departments. Understands business function related to the application. Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical employees across the enterprise.
2. Ability to lead all phases of application systems support and maintenance of assigned systems.
3. Ability to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve application systems issues. Ability to recommend and implement solutions or otherwise engage appropriate stakeholders, including internal business representatives, other IT resources or support vendors as needed.
4. Ability to lead and participate in all phases of application systems technical configuration and enhancement, including requirements definition, design, development, implementation, and support. Define and adhere to development and support standards as approved by management
Internal Number: 1007
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.