* Ensures completion of product development compliance deliverables including compliance assessment, design review, certification and test plan creation, documentation, and process implementation for new product development introductions.
* May serve as the primary product compliance interface with domestic and third-party safety agencies (such as UL, CSA, FM, TUV etc.)
* Participates in cross-functional projects to enact changes to products and processes to ensure compliance to new or changed product environmental regulations and product safety certification requirements.
* Works with Global Product Standards & Regulations organization to monitor and analyze regulatory trends and positions and shares information with impacted business groups.
* Works with Strategic Sourcing and Rockwell Automation suppliers to ensure that the supply chain is positioned and responsive to support RA compliance programs.
* Supports external customers by addressing requirements for product compliance information.
* May lead strategy development and teams for small- to medium-sized projects and critical issue closure across technical disciplines and organizational functions
* Participates in project teams consisting of cross-functional personnel to address product design issues related to environmental regulations and safety certifications.
* Responsible for influencing local business groups to incorporate regulatory and certification requirements into product designs for both legacy and new products.
* Gives presentations to share information and obtain support for compliance programs.
* Builds strong relationships and partnerships with local business groups to leverage ideas, capabilities, and processes. Unifying internal constituents around a common vision and goals, and teaming with others for enhanced outcomes.
* Monitors and understands complex regulatory and market drivers and their ability to affect product lines. Works with business partners to assess risk and strategy for ensuring compliance of RA products.
* Manages assigned objectives in context of business goals / constraints.
* Presents strategies to stakeholders and decision-makers to secure support for programs as necessary.
* Comprehends the needs and requirements of customers or business partners in order to bring strategic value to them. Promoting regulatory compliance and customer needs as the key drivers for business goals and initiatives.
Internal Number: 2614422
About Rockwell Automation
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.