POSITION SUMMARY: The Regulatory Compliance Engineer defines programs and leads global projects to help the company establish and maintain compliance with new or changed product environmental standards, certifications, and regulations including those required for management of hazardous substances in products, energy efficiency of products, and end-of-life responsibilities.
The Regulatory Compliance Engineer is responsible for maintaining knowledge on applicable product standards, certifications, and regulations which can include those required for electrical safety, management of hazardous substances in products, EMC performance, energy efficiency of products, and end-of-life responsibilities.
This role is also responsible for working with New Product Introduction processes - both as the lead Compliance Engineer as well as a Subject Matter Expert to support other team members - to ensure that new Rockwell Automation products meet relevant product regulations and certification requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Functional
* Ensures completion of product development compliance deliverables for products of critical importance to the organization. This includes compliance assessment, design review, certification and test plan creation, documentation, and process implementation for new product development introductions.
* Leads enterprise wide cross-functional projects of medium- to large-scale to enact programs and processes to ensure compliance to new or changed product environmental regulations and safety certification requirements.
* Identifies and works with internal and external groups, including the Global Product Standards & Regulations organization within Rockwell Automation to analyze and communicate regulatory trends and positions and shares information with impacted business groups.
* Works with Strategic Sourcing and Rockwell Automation suppliers to ensure that the supply chain is positioned and responsive to support RA compliance programs.
* Supports internal and external customers by addressing requirements for product compliance information, including communication strategies.
* May serve as a product compliance interface with domestic and third-party certification agencies (UL, CSA, FM, TUV, etc.)
Leadership * Leads strategy development, business process development, and critical issue closure across technical disciplines for local organizational functions
* Leads and participates in project teams consisting of cross-functional personnel to address product design issues and new regulatory requirements related to environmental regulations and safety certifications.
* May represent Rockwell Automation in external organizations including standards development committees and cross-company teams.
Interpersonal * Responsible for executing programs with business groups across the organization to incorporate regulatory and certification requirements into product designs for both legacy and new products.
* Gives presentations to share information and obtain support for compliance programs on an enterprise wide basis.
Business * Responsible for the plan, budget and schedule for projects which are of significant and strategic importance to the corporation. Examples would include RoHS, REACH, EU-Ecodesign and other regulations that emerge.
* Monitors and understands complex regulatory and market drivers and their ability to affect product lines. Works with business partners to assess risk and strategy for ensuring compliance of RA products.
* Manages aggressive objectives in context of higher-level business goals / constraints.
* Presents strategies to stakeholders and decision-makers to secure support for programs as necessary.
Internal Number: 2624271
About Rockwell Automation
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.