The purpose of the internship is to provide meaningful professional hands-on experience to students with proven academic performance and leadership potential. Ideal candidates will utilize and further develop technical and soft skills (i.e, communication), business knowledge, analytical techniques and creative problem solving abilities.
The assignments are carried out in a variety of work environments such as: corporate and operating unit headquarters, manufacturing plants and support function locations, where the interns will interact with various finance co-workers and business partners.
Abbott’s worldwide business offers these interns an opportunity to work in a variety of fields, including:
· Financial Planning & Analysis
· Manufacturing Accounting
· Logistics/Supply Chain Finance
· Corporate Initiatives/Projects
· Corporate Tax or Audit
Intern assignments could be located at the following locations (matched by Abbott):
· California (Alameda, Santa Clara, & Temecula)
· Abbott Park, IL
· Minneapolis, MN
· Columbus, OH
Abbott strongly considers high performing interns as candidates for their Financial Professional Development Program (FPDP) after they graduate. Abbott’s (FPDP) is a two-year rotational leadership development program with four separate work assignments. The diverse assignments cover areas in: corporate and division headquarters, affiliate locations, manufacturing plants and other operating environments at various sites in the US and around the world.
To fill out pre-screening prior to visiting our booth at the virtual career fair click on link below
· Completed at least one year of college education before beginning internship
· Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
· BS/BA student
· Before graduation, planning to complete minimum of 4 Accounting classes (one 3-4 credit hour accounting course needs to be cost accounting)
· School and/or work experience using Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
· BS/BA students with an emphasis on Finance and Accounting coursework; pursuing degrees such as Business Admin, Economics, Statistics, and Public Health
· Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
· On-campus leadership positions
· Member of school or national organizations in finance or accounting
· Previous work experience in finance or accounting related positions
5 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 30956031
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. We create breakthrough products – in diagnostics, medical devices, nutrition and medicines –
that help you, your family and community lead healthier lives full of unlimited possibilities.
Founded more than 130 years ago by Chicago physician Dr. Wallace C. Abbott, Abbott is now
one of the largest diversified healthcare companies in the world.
Our 107,000 colleagues around the globe are devoted to making a lasting impact on human
health in the more than 160 countries we serve. We believe that good health is not just about
treating an illness or managing a medical condition. It’s about supporting people’s health as if it
were our own, so they can live their best lives.