Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations where we hire these roles in the United States.
Our Operations & Engineering Services (OES) function supports the overall execution of manufacturing operations. Our teams develop and implement process for productivity across plant operations, drive improved security within our plants and across our products, drive global standardization of our Connected Enterprise Operations and its commercialization while working toward improvements for our customers.
As an intern, you will perform a key functional role while working with a team of engineers and industry professionals in one of the following areas:
* Manufacturing Operations is responsible for converting materials and labor into goods and services while focusing on process improvement, quality, delivery, safety, and productivity. These roles at one of our multiple manufacturing locations will focus on industrializing, maintaining methods, operation sequencing and processing in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies for new and existing product.
* Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineering roles work to ensure Rockwell designs and delivers the highest quality and most reliable products, services and solutions to our customers. Intern roles can involve creating quality documentation, metric reporting, data mining, statistical analysis of product data, performing root cause failures analysis, assisting in determination of corrective/preventive actions for non-conformances found in manufacturing and in the field, and executing Lean projects within the plant.
* Strategic Sourcing is responsible for Rockwell Automation's 3rd party suppliers - including selection, negotiation, performance management and development. Our Strategic Sourcing Team manages both direct and indirect commodities, as well as it also encompasses our Supply Management, New Product, Factored Product, and Supplier Risk teams.
* Materials serves as the linkage between our business unit forecasting and our global manufacturing assets - both internal or external. Our Materials team encompasses our Distributor Manufacturer Integration (DMI), Master Production Scheduling, Brand Labeled Product Planning, and Demand Planning Teams; while executing Service and Inventory Optimization initiatives.
* Logistics is responsible for getting materials in, and finished goods out, in as effective a manner as possible. Our Logistics team encompasses our Transportation, Distribution, and Trade Compliance teams.
* Customer Care is responsible for handling and responding to inquiries from our customer base throughout their end to end order to cash cycle. They support inquiries across many different communication channels (i.e. phone, email, chat, etc.). This department owns customer complaint management globally and manages various internal processes to ensure an extraordinary customer experience.
Rockwell will match your background and skills with your interests and our business needs. Each experience is unique; if you are extended an offer, the manager will share the details about his/her intern role, including specific projects you may work on and responsibilities you may have. Additionally, as a student associate there will be hosted activities and events intended to help you grow your network, develop your professional skills and immerse yourself in our company culture.
Internal Number: 2703487
About Rockwell Automation
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.